Architects of the Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your favourite Swansea Uni compsci lecturer from the first year 07/08.

+5
Mavrik
b0ring
Sally
Pipboy_3000
SiebenAuf
9 posters

Go down

Who was your favourite first year lecturer - 07/08

Your favourite Swansea Uni compsci lecturer from the first year 07/08. Vote_lcap8%Your favourite Swansea Uni compsci lecturer from the first year 07/08. Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
Your favourite Swansea Uni compsci lecturer from the first year 07/08. Vote_lcap8%Your favourite Swansea Uni compsci lecturer from the first year 07/08. Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Your favourite Swansea Uni compsci lecturer from the first year 07/08. Vote_lcap33%Your favourite Swansea Uni compsci lecturer from the first year 07/08. Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 4 ]
Your favourite Swansea Uni compsci lecturer from the first year 07/08. Vote_lcap0%Your favourite Swansea Uni compsci lecturer from the first year 07/08. Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Your favourite Swansea Uni compsci lecturer from the first year 07/08. Vote_lcap0%Your favourite Swansea Uni compsci lecturer from the first year 07/08. Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Your favourite Swansea Uni compsci lecturer from the first year 07/08. Vote_lcap33%Your favourite Swansea Uni compsci lecturer from the first year 07/08. Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 4 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 12

Your favourite Swansea Uni compsci lecturer from the first year 07/08. Empty Your favourite Swansea Uni compsci lecturer from the first year 07/08.

Post by SiebenAuf Sat May 17, 2008 3:33 am

Who was your favourite lecturer from out first year - 2007/2008?

Take part in the poll but also post some comments about these lecturers...

Mine was Bob ... he was my tutor ...

Last edited by SiebenAuf on Tue May 20, 2008 8:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
SiebenAuf
SiebenAuf
Bowser (Admin)
Bowser (Admin)

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-16

https://aotf.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Your favourite Swansea Uni compsci lecturer from the first year 07/08. Empty Re: Your favourite Swansea Uni compsci lecturer from the first year 07/08.

Post by Pipboy_3000 Sat May 17, 2008 10:04 pm

I think it had to be Chris

largely because all i can really remember of his lectures were him moaning about his wife and kids, and yet i still somehow learnt java without my knowledge
Pipboy_3000
Pipboy_3000
Bowser (Admin)
Bowser (Admin)

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2008-05-17

Back to top Go down

Your favourite Swansea Uni compsci lecturer from the first year 07/08. Empty Re: Your favourite Swansea Uni compsci lecturer from the first year 07/08.

Post by Sally Sat May 17, 2008 10:20 pm

Mine has to be matt jones as you turned up 2 his lectures not knowing what was going to happen he was also very funny. However i didn't really learn anything during his lectures they were very funny.
Sally
Sally
Lv5 Magikoopa
Lv5 Magikoopa

Number of posts : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by b0ring Sun May 18, 2008 12:29 am

Andy had a child-like enthusiasm for his subject. Unfortunately we didn't share it and he lost us.

Arnold obviously has my vote since he's my tutor but also the fact that he actually knew how to teach a bunch of noobs.

Bob, well, I think we all know about that, yeah?

I didn't like Chris' whole "I'm one of you" attitude. Don't be proud of being an alcoholic with an overbearing wife.

My dislike for Edwin was my dislike of maths by proxy.

Faron never got beyond Nim. Who the fuck cares about coin games? Really?

John tried but it would have taken strippers either side of the board to keep our attention.

Matt desperately wants a career in comedy and perhaps forgot he was meant to be teaching us something. He was meant to be teaching us something, right?

Apparently Markus doesn't get a chance because algorithms, ew.
b0ring
b0ring
Lv5 Magikoopa
Lv5 Magikoopa

Number of posts : 114

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Sun May 18, 2008 1:06 am

wow boring you seemed to have summed up the year and yes markus isn't on there becuase of algorithms and well he is a stressy piece of work also would you agree that he also needed some form of stripper to keep our attension. i also loved the way the number of people turining up to maths decreased as the siemester went on.
Sally
Sally
Lv5 Magikoopa
Lv5 Magikoopa

Back to top Go down

Post by SiebenAuf Sun May 18, 2008 1:40 am

I apologise for leaving out markus ... he just slipped my mind, like the rest of the rest of the algorithms course...
SiebenAuf
SiebenAuf
Bowser (Admin)
Bowser (Admin)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mavrik Sun May 18, 2008 6:20 pm

Matt Jones hands down, made a boring subject not boring, funny and a nice guy as well.
Mavrik
Mavrik
Bowser (Admin)
Bowser (Admin)

Number of posts : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by SiebenAuf Sun May 18, 2008 7:42 pm

i diddnt bother putting in parisa eslambolchilar, either, even though she'd definately get ross' vote!
SiebenAuf
SiebenAuf
Bowser (Admin)
Bowser (Admin)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mavrik Sun May 18, 2008 7:44 pm

haha
Mavrik
Mavrik
Bowser (Admin)
Bowser (Admin)

Number of posts : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Sun May 18, 2008 8:02 pm

hey you also missed off olicer kullman my tutor for the first seimester however i am sure my tutor group will agree he was very very boring and each tutor period was painfully dull and we seemed to always do maths if we had no problems we needed help with he would always revert to maths good it was hell at the best of times, there was also his english sometimes it was hard to understand what he was saying which made it even harder to pay attension to him which made the whole tutorial experience dull however since we were put with beckmann its been cool. he is soo relaxed and funny he also is really easy to approach and talk to.
Sally
Sally
Lv5 Magikoopa
Lv5 Magikoopa

Back to top Go down

Post by b0ring Sun May 18, 2008 8:50 pm

Tutors are not the same as lecturers since each person has their own which the others don't know. Nobody else knows Oliver.
b0ring
b0ring
Lv5 Magikoopa
Lv5 Magikoopa

Back to top Go down

Post by SiebenAuf Sun May 18, 2008 8:54 pm

yeah, he's right ... parisa, however has taught us ...
SiebenAuf
SiebenAuf
Bowser (Admin)
Bowser (Admin)

Back to top Go down

Post by b0ring Sun May 18, 2008 9:09 pm

I thought she was cute.
b0ring
b0ring
Lv5 Magikoopa
Lv5 Magikoopa

Back to top Go down

Post by SiebenAuf Sun May 18, 2008 9:11 pm

i like the fact that she was asking me all the questions, even though I wasnt even doing the module ...
SiebenAuf
SiebenAuf
Bowser (Admin)
Bowser (Admin)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Sun May 18, 2008 11:45 pm

oh did she teach us as part of unplugged i think i remeber her she did the whole hci's thing right... if so i wouldn't say she was cute but she wasan't a bad lecture she managed to get here message across and i understood what she was going on about.
Sally
Sally
Lv5 Magikoopa
Lv5 Magikoopa

Back to top Go down

Post by Squallywrath Tue May 20, 2008 1:10 am

MJ for the absolute win on this one.

Fun fact: i get to listen to most of these guys lecture again in september.
Squallywrath
Squallywrath
Lv5 Magikoopa
Lv5 Magikoopa

Number of posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post by SiebenAuf Tue May 20, 2008 1:11 am

guess what? me too? yay!
SiebenAuf
SiebenAuf
Bowser (Admin)
Bowser (Admin)

Back to top Go down

Post by andz_ryan Tue May 20, 2008 1:21 am

Mavrik wrote:Matt Jones hands down, made a boring subject not boring, funny and a nice guy as well.

he made a boring subject not boring, by barely talking about the subject, will have to try that if i become a lecturer

andz_ryan
Boo (Moderator)
Boo (Moderator)

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Tue May 20, 2008 2:43 am

andz_ryan you seriously thinking of becoming a lecturer. if you are go for it, however does it have high pay from what whyley said he doesn't get paid very much.
Sally
Sally
Lv5 Magikoopa
Lv5 Magikoopa

Back to top Go down

Post by b0ring Tue May 20, 2008 2:06 pm

Become a lecturer in Swansea Uni and maybe in a couple of years you'll be shouting at Tony and Matt for not handing in their coursework (again).
b0ring
b0ring
Lv5 Magikoopa
Lv5 Magikoopa

Back to top Go down

Post by SiebenAuf Tue May 20, 2008 3:47 pm

funny...
SiebenAuf
SiebenAuf
Bowser (Admin)
Bowser (Admin)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Tue May 20, 2008 6:34 pm

i think it would me more tony becuase matt is at least trying in his exams rather than drawing a pic on his paper and stting there for half and hour head in hands and the leaving which is waht tonyh did in the exam.
Sally
Sally
Lv5 Magikoopa
Lv5 Magikoopa

Back to top Go down

Post by Fry Wed May 21, 2008 8:10 pm

chris all the way!

think he was funny lol...and i've been drunk with him 3 times
Fry
Fry
Lv5 Magikoopa
Lv5 Magikoopa

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Bouch Wed May 21, 2008 8:21 pm

Have to agree with Fry, Chris all the way great laugh especially after a few drinks and he shares my name, so that gets it without anything else.
Bouch
Bouch
Lv5 Magikoopa
Lv5 Magikoopa

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down