Architects of the Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Personal Statement

3 posters

Go down

Personal Statement Empty Personal Statement

Post by Jordan Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:05 pm

Okay, so I've obviously got to write a personal statement for my university application but I have no idea how to go about this. I was wondering, seeing as you're all at uni, if you could help me out a bit and give me some suggestions of what should be going into this?
Jordan
Jordan
Lv2 Cheep Cheep
Lv2 Cheep Cheep

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-05-20

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=562410568

Back to top Go down

Personal Statement Empty Re: Personal Statement

Post by Squallywrath Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:49 am

Just for amusement purposes, i'll post my personal statement in this space...it should be helpful as back then i was literate and everything written on it was MOSTLY true. However, this was blatent crap because i had already been given an unconditional offer to the university in question due to attending the summer university program they had going on the year before.

Warning, block of text.
Text follows:

‘My name is Anthony Paul Christensen and I am a 18 year old student studying for a BTEC National Diploma in Information and Communications Technology. I would like to progress onto a degree course that covers the Software Development side of Computer Science.

The course I am currently studying has introduced me to Software Programming, Networking, Business Systems, Database and Spreadsheet Programming and CAD applications. In addition I have studied Graphics Design and Animation and a small degree of 3D Design. I particularly enjoyed everything in the course related to Programming, for example Visual and Liberty Basic program and small scale Spreadsheet and Database Programming.

I have participated in a number of extra curricular activities, these include helping out my college with a number of taster days for younger students considering moving on to further education, and also helped conduct taster days in external educational environments such as comprehensive schools. I also attended the Summer University program conducted by Reaching Wider in the 2006 Summer Holidays. During which around fifty students from different Colleges and Institutions in South Wales travelled to two Campus’ in the Swansea area and got some insight to University life to see if they would consider Higher Education after completing Further Education. Also, before the end of the first year of college my college arranged an Enterprise week that was centred around developing a software program in teams and setting up a sales team to advertise and try to sell it to an external company.

Prior to this course, I studied in Bishop Gore Comprehensive School and I also arranged to attend a twenty week programming course in the evenings at Swansea College, during which I learned how to program in Visual Basic in a different educational environment than I was used to at the time.

I am able to bring patience, perseverance and creativity into any task where they are required. I am also enthusiastic, confident, punctual and highly reliable to complete tasks to a consistently high standard.

I have chosen my desired institutions because of the reputation they have in my chosen courses. This reputation comes from friends who have studied the courses, I also learned first hand what the courses were like and they made an impression on me personally and drove me to apply on these courses further.

I match the requirements of my chosen courses in that I have a strong interest in computers, have already completed many courses and subjects related to computers and computer sciences. I also have a large interest in computers and programming and would thus like to attain a career in the IT world after completing Higher Education.'

Looking forward to the lulz,
Squallywrath Razz
Squallywrath
Squallywrath
Lv5 Magikoopa
Lv5 Magikoopa

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by SiebenAuf Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:29 am

i would post mine, but i seem to have lost it ... shame, cause my head of year said it was one of the best he'd ever read ...
SiebenAuf
SiebenAuf
Bowser (Admin)
Bowser (Admin)

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-05-16

https://aotf.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down